My name’s Anne and I’m a 32 year old gamer and general nerdy type. I live in Texas, and have been dabbling in MMO’s since the Realm Online caught my fancy (a 2-d mmo for those of you not in the know). After a disasterous encounter falling out of a tree my first and last hour of Everquest, I experimented with Asheron’s Call (1&2), Final Fantasy XI and Dungeons and Dragons Online before finding my way to World of Warcraft. Since then I have dabbled in Lord of the Rings, Rifts, the Secret World, and Diablo III.
Offline, I am a devourer of books, and a junkie for RPG’s and city building games, both PC and console. I’m a fangirl for Nintendo, and own all their consoles, as well as PS 1&2, Dreamcast (it WAS awesome, promise). My day job involves teaching the dreaded subjects of History and English at a community college.
I am currently playing the following as time and interest permits:
- Diablo III – Windsoar#1521
- Guild Wars II - Windsoar.2031
- The Secret World
- Lord of the Rings Online
Jaded Alt will primarily cover topics of interest, well, to me. While it started as a World of Warcraft blog it has grown to encompass other gameworlds that I have become a part of and will continue to be my gaming journal. I primarily enjoy raiding, leveling, and fiddling with my UI, and I just love keeping a photojournal of my progress through screenshots. I rarely engage in PvP or “gold-making” practices, so you’ll likely not find any information of that kind here.
Want to Contribute?
I’m always open to the possibility of taking guest writers on a one-time or permanent basis. Being a guest writer can help you make a decision as to whether you’d like to contribute to others about particular issues you’re passionate about, or even encourage you to start your own blog! Since I do not have a class or role theme, I do not have any restrictions on the type of content that may be of interest to my readers. Just contact me if you’d like to chat about the possibility or submit a piece for review.
In order for your voice to be adequately represented, this blog does allow the free posting of comments on any and all blog postings. Like all things these days, however, I do have a few guidelines to ensure that your full message is adequately represented.
- The author has the right to edit comments (up to and including deletion of comments) that do not add to the conversation. Disagreement is an acceptable discourse, but personal attacks on the author or other commentators may result in pruning by management. We hope to foster a forum for intelligent and adult conversation, not insult hurling or otherwise hurtful commentary.
- Author responses to comments will be by comment. If you wish to have a private conversation with the author, please do so by the e-mail provided.
- E-mail addresses are required for comment and are not disclosed to any third party.
- Links are love, and we encourage linking in commentary. However, any and all posts containing links are subject to moderation, and may be deleted. Our reader’s protection trumps your elegant comment, so if you don’t want to potentially lose a very important comment… put your links separately.
- Any and all links (in message or as commentator’s site) determined to be for commercial purposes will be deleted.
- Any comment judged by the author to be “spam” will be deleted.
- Ping-backs that do not conform to our comment policy will be deleted.