Lord Rhyolith doesn’t think much of the puny humans coming to kill him. In fact, he’ll ignore the raid for the majority of the fight, hoping that his little minions will take care of you. The group’s job is to stay alive while managing to blow off good ol’ Rhy’s armor in the volcanoes.
Type of Fight
The primary objective in this portion of the fight is to steer Rhyolith into as many volcanoes as possible as quickly as possible to remove his armor and increase his damage taken. This strategy utilizes a single tank, although 2 can be used.
- Assign 4 DPS to permanent leg duty.
- Remaining DPS will switch between legs and adds.
- Tank has two types of adds: Fragments which come in groups and do minimal damage, and Sparks which do AoE damage and must be tanked away from the group.
- This phase ends when Rhyolith reaches 25% health.
Lord Rhyolith ignores players while his armor is intact, but they can attack his feet to control his movement.
Obsidian Armor – Reduces damage by 80%. When Rhyolith hits a volcano, reduction drops by 10%.
Concussive Stomp – Moderate AoE damage. Knocks back players within 20 yards. Creates 2-3 Volcanoes.
- Volcano – Applies Eruption debuff. This effect stacks up to 20 times.
- Crater – Lava stream from craters inflicts heavy damage upon contact. After 10 seconds, the lava stream erupts, causing massive damage.
Thermal Ignition – Light to moderate AoE damage. Summons either 5 Fragments of Rhyolith or 1 Spark.
Fragment of Rhyolith – Fragments of Rhyolith have low health. If not slain within 30 sec, they inflict damage equal to their current health to a random player.
Drink Magma – If Lord Rhyolith reaches the edge of the platform, he does massive AoE damage.
When Lord Rhyolith reaches 25% remaining health, his Obsidian armor shatters. He becomes attackable and no longer ignores players.
Tips for the Raid
- Raid should stay loosely clumped, generally in the center.
- Do not be afraid to move the raid’s position as the fight develops!
- Unless you’re a tank, the only avoidable damage is Crater. When a Volcano is erupting, it will look like this:
Notes for Steering Committee
- This is the most difficult and most vital role for the fight. No pressure!
- Pick a single person to direct the driving.
- Melee DPS should be assigned to this group first, then ranged until you reach ~4 permanent players.
- Do not be afraid to call for all DPS to execute quick turns when needed.
- If Rhyolith reaches the lava, game over.
- Understand the direction gauge
50%: Rhyolith is moving in a straight line.
0-49%: Rhyolith is steering left.
51%-100%: Rhyolith is steering right.
When not being damaged, energy will tend to revert to 50%.
Notes for Tanks
- As Eruption stacks, adds will hit harder.
- New adds appear every approximately every 25 seconds.
- Sparks (large single add) should be tanked away from the raid (edge of platform).
- Fragments (multiple adds) can be tanked on the group.
- At the transition, Rhyolith must be picked up immediately.
Notes for Healers
- Healing will get more difficult as the raid progresses and Eruption stacks are higher.
- Stomp is unavoidable but timed. Be prepared for the raid-wide damage.
- It’s ok to yell at people standing in lava lines. (Just don’t get caught doing it yourself!)
- Players will likely take light to moderate damage when Fragments are summoned.